- University of Maryland (B.S., 1991); (B.A., 1992)
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., 1995, with honors, Order of the Coif)
- District of Columbia and Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Partner Ron Dhindsa speaks at The International Osteoporosis Foundation's 22nd Advanced Training Course on Osteoporosis in Geneva, Switzerland.
- AmLaw Litigation Daily: Novartis Wins Twice in Suits over Osteoporosis Drugs with Assist from Hollingsworth LLP
- Hollingsworth LLP secures major defense verdict for client Novartis in federal Aredia®/Zometa® trial.
- MDL court grants Summary Judgment in four first-wave Zometa cases; Case No. 3:08-1157 (Anderson), Case No. 3:08-1156 (Melau), Case No. 3:06-0377 (Thomas).
- Court refuses to certify dental monitoring class against Firm client, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
- view all
- Novartis obtains summary judgment based on Daubert exclusion of causation experts’ testimony in Reclast® case.
Jones v. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp., No. 2:13-cv-00624-VEH, 2017 WL 553134 (N.D. Ala. Feb. 10, 2017)
- Novartis scores another dismissal based on an Aredia®/Zometa® plaintiffs' failure to comply with Federal Rule 25.
Falls v. Novartis Pharm. Corp., 3:13-cv-270(JBA), 2014 WL 3810246 (D. Conn. Aug. 1, 2014)
- Novartis wins summary judgment in Rhode Island federal Aredia® case.
Patterson v. Novartis Pharm. Corp., No. 1:11-402-ML-LDA (D.R.I. Dec. 19, 2012)
- In re Aredia & Zometa Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760 (M.D. Tenn. Nov. 30, 2007) (granting defendant's motion for summary judgment on claims brought by plaintiff Lee).
- In re Aredia & Zometa Prods. Liab. Litig., No. 3:06-MD-1760 (M.D. Tenn. Nov. 30, 2007) (granting defendant's motion for summary judgment on claims brought by plaintiff Duncan).
- view all
- Ron Dhindsa to Present at 50th Anniversary Bisphosphonate Event
- Ron Dhindsa addresses the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Annual Forum Program
- Ranjit S. Dhindsa speaks at DRI seminar addressing the most pressing issues challenging aging services providers and medical professionals.
- Partner Ranjit S. Dhindsa addresses 6th International Workshop on Advances in the Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Bone Disease
- Partner Ron Dhindsa to speak in December at the 18th Annual Drug & Medical Device Litigation Conference
- view all
Ranjit S. Dhindsa focuses his practice primarily in the areas of toxic tort and pharmaceutical products liability defense, where he represents clients in both state and federal courts in multi-billion dollar products liability cases, including pharmaceutical class actions and multidistrict litigation. His successes include extinguishing the claims of thousands of class action opt-outs in nationwide pharmaceutical products liability litigation. Mr. Dhindsa also helped defeat a proposed $18 billion dental monitoring class action and has helped secure summary judgment and dismissals in a number of recent products liability actions.
Mr. Dhindsa has directed the scientific defense strategy relating to complex medical and scientific issues in nationwide litigation. He has worked with some of the world’s leading experts in Food and Drug Administration regulations, bone biology, osteoporosis, oncology, pharmacology, epidemiology, toxicology, cardiology, pulmonology, chemistry, preclinical and clinical trials, oral medicine, pathology, surgery, and economics. He manages all aspects of expert witness development and strategy relating to Dauberthearings and trials. Mr. Dhindsa frequently attends scientific meetings and stays abreast of emerging science issues to optimize the interests of the Firm’s clients in both pending and prospective litigation.
Mr. Dhindsa has appeared at multiple hearings, taken and defended expert and fact witness depositions, drafted Daubert and other litigation-shaping motions, and worked in every facet of trial preparation. Additionally, Mr. Dhindsa lectures throughout the world on the impact of tort litigation on industry and society, with a particular focus on the intersection of law and science. Among other venues, he has appeared at the Fifth International Workshop for Advances in the Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Bone Disease at Oxford University; the 19th Annual International Clinical Densitometry Workshop; the 26th annual meeting of the Metabolic Bone Disease Society of Colorado; the International Osteoporosis Foundation meeting in Geneva, Switzerland; and the American Conference Institute’s Summit on Brain Injury Claims & Litigation.
In 2017, Mr. Dhindsa was elected to the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law Board of Visitors. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Leadership Maryland, an organization committed to cultivating the interest, state-wide knowledge, and leadership capacities of Maryland’s business, government, non-profit, and civic leaders. He previously served as the President of Maryland Leadership Workshops, Inc. (MLW), a state aided educational institution in partnership with Leadership Maryland. Since 1985, he has been involved in transforming youth and adults into catalysts for positive change throughout Maryland.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Dhindsa served as a law clerk to the Honorable Lawrence F. Rodowsky of the Court of Appeals of Maryland.